SIP Trunking for Alcatel-Lucent – Market Requirements
As Service Providers and Enterprises move towards all-IP services, they face challenges interoperating between different VoIP systems. Connecting to SIP Trunking services requires the enterprise to handle new challenges, including mediation between the Enterprise IP-PBX and the SIP Trunking Provider network, securing the enterprise network from threats originating at the Service Provider IP network, managing the network, and many more. The service provider is required to support a new type of enterprise demarcation point, thus supporting the integration of mediation, security and manageability services.
Alcatel-Lucent customers have been facing these challenges, just like other vendors' IP Telephony and Unified Communications customers. Mid-sized enterprises, using Alcatel-Lucent’s installed base of OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server platforms and their new OpenTouch Business Edition systems, are interested in enjoying the commercial and functional benefits of migrating from expensive PSTN services to the emerging world of cost-effective, flexible SIP Trunking services.
SIP Trunking for Alcatel- Lucent – AudioCodes' Solution
AudioCodes’ Mediant family of E-SBC is now part of the Alcatel-Lucent Application Partner Program, supporting the connection of Alcatel-Lucent IP Telephony systems into SIP Trunking services.
The integration of AudioCodes' Mediant family of Enterprise Session Border Controllers (E-SBCs) with Alcatel-Lucent SIP solutions for enterprises, including OpenTouch Business Edition and the OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server, provides enterprises with the security, session mediation and service level assurance required to connect to SIP service providers and to connect remote users to enterprise SIP applications, while maintaining interoperability and manageability.
The AudioCodes E-SBCs also enable employees or partners who are not on the premises to fully benefit from Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch My Teamwork Conferencing and Collaboration solutions featuring presence, instant messaging, audio, video and web conferencing in a secure way.
The AudioCodes E-SBCs provide Alcatel-Lucent customers with capabilities such as perimeter defense, SIP normalization and transcoding which are necessary in facilitating SIP Trunking services and connectivity with SIP Trunking service providers, as well as other Unified Communications applications, such as Microsoft Unified Communications platforms.
The Mediant E-SBCs are joining the list of existing tested interoperability between AudioCodes products - including the MediaPack 11x and 20x VoIP Gateways and the Mediant 600, 1000, 2000, 3000 and 5000 Media Gateways – and Alcatel-Lucent solutions such as the OmniPCX Enterprise, Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Office, and the Genesys SIP Server.
SIP Trunking for Alcatel- Lucent – Features
- Simple, easy to deploy solution for SIP Trunking connectivity for Alcatel-Lucent telephony solutions
- Simultaneous support of Perimeter Defense, Mediation and Service Assurance
- Integrated VoIP Media Gateway and E-SBC, reducing CAPEX and OPEX, eliminating the need to purchase and deploy different devices and simplifying maintenance and management
- Standards-based solution with proven interoperability
- Choice of platforms, supporting from 24 SIP sessions, and up to 1,000 sessions
- Transparent communication for mobile users
- Survivability option with PSTN Failover
- Media Processing for Transcoding, Gain Control, DTMF/FAX, etc.
- Extensive interoperability and partnerships that extend across multiple vendor devices and protocol implementations
- Enhanced SIP Mediation capabilities, which enable SIP Trunking in a variety of TDM-PBX and IP-PBX customer environments
- Simplified management and maintenance using a unified management tool
- Future-proof solution with the ability to support various SIP Trunking and UC applications
- Multiple service provider connectivity to optimize tariff rates
AudioCodes Session Experience Manager - Optimize Your Voice Quality
Release Date: Mar 10, 13
Release Date: Aug 08, 12
AudioCodes Solutions for Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Communications Environments
Release Date: Jun 01, 11
The Role of E-SBC in VoIP Business Connectivity
Release Date: Nov 20, 11
Consistent Performance on Access Devices
Release Date: Apr 15, 12
Your new VoIP Network is working great… Right? - How to Know - SEM
Release Date: Apr 12, 12