Service Provider Access SBC for a BroadSoft BroadWorks hosted services environment
ViewQwest is Singapore’s premium fiber broadband service provider and a member of the Comcraft global group. It provides best-of-breed business communications services to the Top 500 Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Fortune 500 companies.
As a pioneer business communications company in Singapore, ViewQwest has one of the most innovative suites of business-class services that include from Internet Connectivity, IT Managed Services and Outsourced Telephony Business Services.
ViewQwest’s ONEVOICE service provides a VoIP telephony service to their residential and SMB fiber customers.
ViewQwest had been using an M6 application server and SBC to provide telephony services. With the M6 platform reaching full capacity and also as part of the company’s migration plan to the IP-based BroadSoft BroadWorks application server, ViewQwest was looking for an Access SBC device which could offer extensive scalability to meet their fast-growing customer base as well as reducing the operational costs of interworking with a wide range of different customer PBXs.
ViewQwest selected AudioCodes Mediant 4000 Access Session Border Controller (SBC). The AudioCodes Mediant 4000 is designed to function as an access SBC for service providers. Supporting up to 4,000 concurrent sessions, the Mediant 4000 supports extensive SIP connectivity with wide-ranging interoperability, enhanced perimeter defense against DoS attacks, and advanced voice quality monitoring.
In the ViewQwest deployment, the Mediant 4000 interfaces on the core network side with BroadWorks, M6 and a class 4 Cisco switch. On the access side, the Mediant 4000 interfaces with various IP Phones, analog telephony adaptors and IP-PBXs. Using the Mediant 4000, ViewQuest is able to provide reliable and secure residential VoIP, SIP trunking and hosted telephony services to its customers.
Commenting on the successful deployment of the AudioCodes Mediant 4000, Mr Vignesa Moorthy, CEO of ViewQwest, said, “We at ViewQwest were looking for a scalable Access SBC solution that could maximize our reach to any SMB regardless of the PBX used, and serve our growing residential customer base.” “With AudioCodes SBCs in place, we now possess the feature capabilities and scalability we need to help our business expand for the foreseeable future,” he added.
The benefits delivered to ViewQwest include:
- Smooth interoperability – AudioCodes’ extensive interoperability and highly experienced team of professional services personnel have enabled Viewquest to integrate new customers quickly and cost-effectively, regardless of the IP-PBX model and software version
- Security – The Mediant 4000 offers ViewQwest’s core network comprehensive protection from security threats, such as DoS attacks
- Reduced capital expenses – The Mediant 4000 is cost-effectively priced and also provides signaling and media license separation to match the customer needs for a pay-as-you-grow approach
- Complete end-to-end solution – In addition to SBCs, AudioCodes can provide ViewQwest, as and when required, with IP phones, Multi-Service Business Routers (MSBR) and CPE gateways, all of which are managed by a single management system
- Partnership – AudioCodes ensures a direct technology relationship as well as a strong local partner to ensure that ViewQwest’s technical and business requirements are met at all times