Avaya Compatible Media Gateways for SCS - AudioCodes Solution
Avaya Software Communication System (SCS) is a truly Open , pure SIP Unified Communications software solution. It is easy to use, manage and scale. This agile solution can be integrated into business processes by leveraging Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)/Web Services technologies - evolving as business evolves. Available on industry standard IT platforms, users have access to next generation standards and features. In addition to leveraging the embedded VoIP and UC applications, SCS easily integrates into third-party applications for a flexible, future-proof solution.
AudioCodes Media Gateways are Avaya's selected Media Gateways for the SCS platform, and can be ordered from Avaya using Avaya product codes, or from an AudioCodes Channel Partner using AudioCodes product codes.
As PRI gateways seamlessly integrated with Avaya SCS using the SIP protocol, AudioCodes’ media gateways provide a simplified way of adding PRI trunk support to the SCS system. The AudioCodes Mediant gateways provide different densities of E1/T1 PRI ports, allowing the easy extension of PBX and PSTN connectivity of SCS over any IP connection.
As an analog gateway seamlessly integrated with the Avaya SCS using the SIP protocol, AudioCodes’ media gateways provide a simplified way of adding analog phones and faxes, as well as FXO trunks support to the SCS system. The AudioCodes MediaPack family provides between 2 and 24 FXS ports, allowing the easy extension of analog POTS phones and faxes connectivity of SCS over any IP connection.
AudioCodes BusinessPLUS with Avaya SCS combines leading edge solutions from two companies who have been delivering voice and unified communications solutions to the market for decades. Innovative unified communications software, based entirely on open standards, from Avaya, has been embedded on the award-winning AudioCodes Mediant 1000 Gateway for a tightly integrated unified communications system to meet the requirements of offices (single or multisite) with fewer than 250 users per system
A joint solution from Avaya and AudioCodes provides the flexibility to integrate the different components from correct sources - based on SIP as an industry standard.
The combination of Avaya’s IP-PBX, IP-phones and applications and AudioCodes’ SIP based media gateways allow for the highest flexibility and features. This solution will be available at a lower cost, will work more effectively and allow openness and interoperability in the future.
Avaya Compatible Media Gateways for SCS - Features
- Openness and flexibility - The AudioCodes – Avaya open solution is based on SIP as an industry standard for VoIP signaling.
- Voice Quality - AudioCodes’ family of media gateways are based on the AudioCodes’ VoIPerfect architecture, which was proven by ETSI to provide best voice quality. Features like Echo Cancellation, Dynamic adaptive jitter buffer, Silence suppression and Comfort noise generation provide maximum voice quality while preserving network bandwidth.
- Cost Effectiveness - The combined Avaya/AudioCodes solution demonstrates major savings in capital expenses and operational expenses for the SMB/SME.
- Survivability - The AudioCodes media gateway are located independently from the SCS server, providing alternative routes from different locations.
- Installation & Maintenance - AudioCodes’ Media Gateways are very easy to install within the SCS environment. Avaya and AudioCodes both offer transparent integration of products, while their superior support organizations allow quick installation, easy troubleshooting, and reduced cost of ownership of the VoIP system.
AudioCodes Solutions for Open IP-PBX Deployments
Release Date: Jan 19, 12
Certified SIP Gateways, SBCs and IP Phones for Avaya solutions
Release Date: Dec 19, 11
Nortel Compatible Product Certificate for Mediant 1000 or 2000 SIP PRI Gateway by AudioCodes Inc. on Software Communication System Certification
Release Date: Jun 26, 11
Nortel Compatible Product Certificate for MediaPack Series by AudioCodes Inc. on Software Communication System Certification
Release Date: Jun 26, 11