AudioCodes and Pactolus Partner for Voice over IP Applications for Service Providers
Complete Solutions Feature AudioCodes’ Media Gateway and Media Server Bundled with Pactolus’ Application Server for Conferencing, Prepaid, and Messaging
SUPERCOMM – Chicago, Illinois, Lod, Israel and Westborough, Massachusetts,
June 8, 2005 – AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC), a leading provider of Voice over Packet (VoP) technologies and Voice Network products, and Pactolus, a leading provider of SIP-based IP voice services, announced today a strategic partnership focused on delivering VoIP solutions to fixed, mobile and broadband carriers worldwide. The two companies will jointly market and sell certified and pre-integrated VoIP solutions to operators through global OEM partners and system integrators.
“Service providers are actively looking for off-the-shelf solutions which can be quickly integrated and deployed within new and existing network infrastructure,” said Jon Arnold, Principal of J Arnold & Associates. “By combining high-demand applications such as conferencing, prepaid, and messaging with high-density media gateways and media servers, AudioCodes and Pactolus are enabling operators to deliver high-value services on a robust and cost-effective platform.”
The VoIP solutions include SIPware conferencing, prepaid, and voice messaging applications software from Pactolus bundled with the Mediant™ Media Gateways and the IPmedia™ line of Media Servers from AudioCodes.
• Pactolus’ SIPware Conference Calling provides a complete solution for conferencing services that enables a conference moderator (subscriber) to organize a multi-party conference call that can be accessed via an access number using any phone.
• Pactolus’ SIPware Prepaid Calling Card provides a complete solution for prepaid card services that includes telephony service logic (IVR), Web-based subscriber creation and account management, database PIN number creation and authentication, a real-time rating engine, and self-contained billing and reporting.
• Pactolus’ SIPware Voice Messaging provides fully integrated Web and phone access to a unified message store for voice mail and e-mail. Subscribers can send, receive, reply and forward messages using either a phone or Web interface.
These applications run on Pactolus’ RapidFLEX Application Server, a multi-service platform with an open architecture that is based on next-generation network standards, including SIP, VoiceXML, MGCP, and XML.
The RapidFLEX Application Server software interoperates with AudioCodes media gateways and media servers to deliver an end-to-end VoIP to service providers.
• AudioCodes’ Mediant family of converged (wireline/wireless) media gateways consists of market-ready, standards compliant, cost-effective converged VoIP Media Gateway platforms that can scale from low-density enterprise networks up to high-density core network deployments. By supporting wireline and wireless (UMTS, GSM and CDMA) in the same gateway, the Mediant gateways provide an excellent solution specifically addressing converged applications.
• AudioCodes’ IPmedia 8000 and IPmedia 5000 are media servers that address carrier requirements for mid and high-density, reliable media servers that enable a wide range of applications. The IPmedia 8000 and 5000 platforms are also designed and optimized to serve as a Multimedia Resource Function Processor (MRFP), supporting both wireline and 3G (UMTS and CDMA) wireless networks that have adopted the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) architecture.
“We are pleased to be partnering with Pactolus to bring bundled solutions for critical VoIP applications to market,” said Lior Weiss, Vice President, Marketing, Media Gateway Business Line at AudioCodes. “Our AudioCodes-Pactolus combined solutions minimize deployment time and costs for service providers and our OEM and System Integration customers and partners who serve them.”
“By working together with AudioCodes to certify, validate, and enhance the interoperability and performance of our solutions, we can reduce the time to market and integration costs for operators,” said Kenneth Osowski, VP Marketing & Product Management from Pactolus. “We look forward to jointly marketing and selling our products with AudioCodes to deliver exceptional value to service providers around the world.”
AudioCodes is exhibiting at SUPERCOMM in Chicago, IL June 6-9, 2005 in Booth #35076.
Pactolus is exhibiting in Booth #10037.
About Pactolus Communications Software
Pactolus Communications Software Corporation (www.pactolus.com) is the leading provider of SIP-based voice services for today's networks with over 1 billion minutes of monthly network capacity installed worldwide in carrier networks. The company is the first to bring sophisticated, third-party call control capabilities to SIP-based networks. Pactolus offers a suite of pre-packaged IP voice services that can be customized for deployment in any SIP-enabled carrier network called SIPware™ Services, built upon the RapidFLEX™ software platform.
The SIPware Services suite enable service providers to deliver multiple, advanced voice applications that are versatile and scalable in a single platform environment. These services include broadband IP telephony, prepaid calling card, post paid calling card, conference calling (all available with an integrated operator assistance module), voice messaging, and custom SCE-built applications. The RapidFLEX software platform includes an application server, service creation environment (SCE), software-based IP media server, session control server, element management system, subscriber self-service portals, high availability features, and other components in an open, extensible software framework. Pactolus is a venture funded, privately held company headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts.