AudioCodes Introduces Software Development Kit for AdvancedTCA® Platforms
TP-12610® SDK enables a quick-start for developers of advanced high-density, ATCA compliant VoIP systems
Lod, Israel– May 26, 2005 – AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC), a leading provider of Voice over Packet (VoP) technologies and Voice Network products, announced today the availability of its
TP-12610 Software Development Kit (SDK) for AdvancedTCA® applications. This new product is a development system for application developers seeking a quick start for an ATCA™ compliant platform using AudioCodes field-proven technology.
The ATCA PICMG 3.x family of specifications targets the requirements for the next generation of carrier-grade communications equipment providers. The TP-12610/SDK enables short time-to-market for software developers requiring a VoIP building block compliant with ATCA standards. The new design kit features a high capacity blade of 2016 channels and is based on AudioCodes field proven API common to all AudioCodes boards. Customers can use the same API for future platforms and thus reduce their development cycle and time-to-market.
“AudioCodes’ support of the ATCA form factor meets the demand of customers for a cost-effective, VoIP building block for the new generation of boards”, said Yariv Golan-Atir, Director of Product Marketing for the Board Product Line at AudioCodes. “Leveraging on AudioCodes’ leadership in the VoIP telecom market with our outstanding capacity, density, capabilities and voice quality, we have developed a software development kit that enables a quick start for building media gateway and media server ATCA platforms. The TP-12610/SDK meets the needs of software developers looking for a fully operational platform in the interim stage until the final phase of our TP-12610 is released”.
The TP-12610/SDK is based on an AudioCodes cPCI VoIP board (either the TP-6310 or the TP-1610) hosted in a cPCI to ATCA adaptor. The adaptor-based board enables GB Ethernet base and fabric interfaces. The platform contains a 5-slot / 4U chassis with an IPMI shelf manager, a fabric (PICMG 3.1) and base switch blade, and an optional application processor blade.
Selected Features of the TP-12610/SDK
• 2016 voice/fax LBR channels supporting multiple voice coders
• Optional connectivity to 16 T1/E1/J1 PSTN trunks
• Dual redundant Base and Fabric (3.1) interfaces
• Fabric and base switch blade
• Optional application processor blade
• MGCP, MEGACO, SIP and AudioCodes proprietary API
• G.168-2002 compliant echo cancellation
• Real-time fax over IP/T.38
• Wide selection of vocoders including AMR, EVRC, G.729, G.723 and G.711
• PSTN Signaling: CAS, ISDN PRI and SS7 layer 2 termination
• SIGTRAN IUA, M2UA, M3UA over SCTP
• Tone detection and generation (MF, DTMF, RFC 2833)
• Enhanced voice processing features including conferencing, voice detectors and