AudioCodes Announces Integrated High Quality WebRTC Connectivity Solution for Enterprises
Organizations using hosted or on premise unified communications and contact center services can now seamlessly interact with B2B or B2C users through web-based communications
Lod, Israel – December 15, 2014 - AudioCodes (NasdaqGS: AUDC) Press Release
- AudioCodes WebRTC Connectivity Solution brings web-based real-time communications to enterprise telephony networks
- According to the Disruptive Analysis 2014 WebRTC report, by 2019, over 6 billion devices will support WebRTC and there will be more than 2 billion business-related WebRTC users
- The AudioCodes WebRTC Connectivity Solution is the world’s first complete end-to-end solution that has all the key components required to deliver an enterprise-grade service, including:
- AudioCodes Session Border Controllers with integrated WebRTC Gateway functionality mediates WebRTC, SIP and TDM communication islands
- AudioCodes Opus-supported IP Phones eliminate the need for transcoding and maintain high quality of WebRTC call traffic
- AudioCodes Session Experience Manager (SEM) monitors WebRTC call traffic and quickly identifies and troubleshoots from a centralized operations center
- Through advanced media enhancement algorithms, the AudioCodes WebRTC Connectivity Solution enhances and assures end-to-end high voice quality of sessions crossing network borders
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced the launch of its WebRTC Connectivity Solution. Through the incorporation of a WebRTC Gateway with its Session Border Controllers (SBC), as well as WebRTC media support in IP Phones and Session Experience Manager (SEM), the AudioCodes solution enables web-based communication to enterprise Unified Communication (UC) systems and contact centers without the loss of the high quality WebRTC sessions. The integrated solution not only allows the connection of high capacity WebRTC traffic to any network without the loss of voice quality, but also monitors and troubleshoots calls anywhere in the network from a centralized management control system (AudioCodes Once Voice Operation Center).
The AudioCodes solution incorporates WebRTC Gateway functions (signaling and media) with the Company’s Mediant SBC. The solution fits hybrid environments where, in a single platform, WebRTC Gateway, SBC and Media Gateway capability is provided, essentially connecting any WebRTC island to any other communications island. Compliance recording is also possible via SIP REC. To save on the cost of transcoding, AudioCodes HD4x0 SIP IP Phones support the OPUS codec, facilitating communication between WebRTC and SIP users while maintaining the highest voice quality. Finally, the AudioCodes SEM provides a network view with real time quality information of the voice sessions. SEM’s intuitive GUI offers fast drill down capabilities for conducting Root Cause Analysis for preventive and corrective actions in case of voice quality issues.
WebRTC traffic is growing at a very rapid pace and the need to connect this traffic to the existing networking world is significant. According to the Disruptive Analysis 2014 WebRTC Report, by 2019, over 6 billion devices (tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices) will support WebRTC and there will be more than 2 billion business-related WebRTC users.
“By putting all the WebRTC Gateway technology and requirements together with our SBCs and supporting WebRTC media in our IP Phones, we allow service providers, contact centers and enterprises to offer their customers the benefits of Web-based communications in a simple, high quality and cost effective manner,” said Yehuda Herscovici, AudioCodes’ VP Product. “Our WebRTC solution demonstrates our commitment to connecting voice networks with high voice quality and is an important part of our voice solutions portfolio given the increased popularity of WebRTC communications and enabled devices.”
More information about the solution can be found on the following blog post.
Amir Zmora, AudioCodes VP Alliances and Partners, will be presenting and available for meetings at the WebRTC Conference and Expo in Paris, 16-18 of December.
Click on the following links for more information on AudioCodes’ WebRTC Web Collaboration Networking Solution, Session Border Controllers, voice enhancements, One Voice Operation Center, SEM and IP Phones.