AudioCodes First to Showcase WebRTC to Microsoft Lync Connectivity
AudioCodes SBC with native WebRTC support facilitates seamless connectivity between browsers and Lync
Enterprise Connect, Orlando – March 16th, 2015 –
AudioCodes (NasdaqGS: AUDC) Press Release
- Through native support for WebRTC in the AudioCodes SBC, enterprises and contact centers using Microsoft Lync can offer Web users the ability to reach out to employees and agents via a standard browser
- Solution allows for connection of WebRTC traffic to networks without the loss of voice quality
- Lync users can be made accessible through a simple URL
- Solution can be easily integrated with WEB servers
- Using AudioCodes’ Session Experience Manager (SEM), WebRTC and Lync call traffic can be monitored and problems quickly identified and troubleshot from a central management system
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, will showcase the first of its kind connectivity between WebRTC to Lync at the Enterprise Connect show in Orlando, Florida, to be held from March 16-18, 2015. This WebRTC to Lync connectivity, allowing for innovative, user-friendly business to customer services, utilizes AudioCodes’ Mediant Session Border Controller (SBC) allowing Lync users to be accessible via the Web using a standard Web browser that supports WebRTC.
Enterprises and contact centers using Lync can now connect web users to their Lync network for a multitude of use cases including customers calling from a company’s website, calling from a link in an employee’s email signature or joining a meeting from a URL instead of having to install a software client for participating in a collaboration session.
“By integrating all the WebRTC technology and requirements, including Opus transcoding, WebSockets and security termination, natively inside the Mediant SBCs, we eliminate the need for external components that perform these tasks,” stated Yehuda Herscovici, AudioCodes’ Vice President, Product. “This advanced architecture, enables our customers to make Lync accessible to WEB communications while simplifying the overall solution architecture and enhancing service quality.“
According to the Disruptive Analysis 2014 WebRTC report, by 2019, over 6 billion devices will support WebRTC and there will be more than 2 billion business-related WebRTC users. Connecting these devices and services with Lync deployments increases the market reach of services and enhances the user experience.
The WebRTC demo will be showcased at the AudioCodes booth, #1129, at Enterprise Connect.
Click on the following links for more information on AudioCodes’ WebRTC Connectivity Solution with Focus on Quality and Scale, WebRTC Web Collaboration Networking Solution, Session Border Controllers, voice enhancements, SEM and Lync.