AudioCodes Launches a Virtualized Session Border Controller Network Function
The SBC VNF supports market-leading hypervisors and orchestrators, and scales from vE-CPE deployments to large public and private cloud datacenters
Lod, Israel – February 10, 2016 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC) Press Release
- The Mediant SBC VNF is ideally suited for NFV-based hosted business services such as SIP trunking, unified communications and contact centers
- The Mediant SBC VNF supports SIP interoperability, media handling, including transcoding, and VoIP security, as recently certified by Miercom
- AudioCodes Mediant SBC VNF follows the ETSI NFV architecture guidelines and supports market-leading hypervisors including KVM, VMWare, HyperV and AWS
- Integration with OpenStack cloud computing software lowers operational costs with automation and efficient utilization of cloud resources
- The SBC VNF scales up and down to suit large cloud datacenter deployments, as well as operating cost-effectively on modest vE-CPE platforms
- Network-wide pool licensing is available for effective deployment within distributed architectures
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced the launch of a session border controller (SBC) virtual network function (VNF). The Mediant SBC VNF is based on AudioCodes’ field-proven Mediant SBC Virtual Edition (VE) and offers the same rich functionality as the other members of AudioCodes’ SBC family, including advanced features such as extensive SIP interoperability, voice transcoding and security, within a Network Function Virtualization (NFV) environment.
NFV is gaining momentum among traditional and cloud-based service providers as it enables them to introduce innovative, revenue-generating services rapidly and utilize cloud infrastructure resources efficiently and cost-effectively. AudioCodes’ Mediant SBC VNF delivers full SBC functionality for service providers looking to deliver voice services (such as hosted business services, unified communications and contact centers) via private or public clouds that follow the ETSI NFV architecture guidelines. Deployment options include support for market-leading hypervisors, including KVM, VMWare, HyperV and AWS and the ability to integrate with commercial or proprietary orchestrators.
The Mediant SBC VNF offers wide-ranging scalability, from small vE-CPE platforms deployed at the customer premises right up to large datacenter deployments. Support for network-wide (pool) licensing ensures flexibility and mobility in assigning session capacity and functionality in distributed architectures. The AudioCodes’ Element Management System (EMS) enables centralized life-cycle management for Mediant SBC VNFs deployed across a distributed network.
In recent tests carried out by Miercom, the Mediant SBC VNF performed impressively. Robert Smithers, CEO of Miercom, commented, “AudioCodes is one of the first SBC Virtual Network Functions (VNF) proven by Miercom to deliver effective protection against DDoS attacks, sustaining high performance while under heavy attack without sacrificing call quality.”
“SBC virtual network function is important to the next generation of cloud architecture," said Diane Myers, Senior Research Director, VoIP, UC and IMS at IHS Infonetics. "AudioCodes has a long standing position in the enterprise SBC market and its Virtual Mediant SBC enables enterprises in their shift to the cloud by providing the scalable and agile capabilities required by these environments."
“The Mediant SBC VNF is an important addition to our portfolio as it enables cloud service providers to deliver secure, reliable and high quality voice services from their emerging NFV-based cloud infrastructure,” stated Yehuda Herscovici, VP Product at AudioCodes. “Our successful, software-based Mediant SBC VE has been well accepted by enterprises, system integrators and service providers and the evolution to VNF will enable hosted service providers to benefit from a scalable, mature and robust SBC solution, coupled with the management and orchestration agility that NFV offers.”
Meet AudioCodes at the upcoming shows:
- Schedule a meeting with AudioCodes at Mobile World Congress 2016, Hall 2, Meeting Room #2B54M, February 22-25, 2016 - Barcelona, Spain
- Visit the AudioCodes’ “Unified Communications Innovation Unleashed” booth and demos at the Enterprise Connect show in Orlando, Florida, March 7-9, 2016 at booth #1529