AudioCodes Mediant 4000 Session Border Controller Gains Momentum
AudioCodes Mediant 4000 receives Microsoft certification for Lync and is being adopted by leading operators and enterprises worldwide for a variety of unified communications and contact center applications
Lod, Israel - November 26, 2012 - AudioCodes (NasdaqGS: AUDC), a leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies, products and services today announced that its Mediant 4000 Enterprise Session Border Controller (E-SBC) is now officially qualified with Microsoft Lync 2010. The highly scalable Mediant 4000 joins AudioCodes’ rich portfolio of Lync qualified products. With support for high availability and up to 4,000 concurrent sessions per device, the Mediant 4000 provides large unified communications and contact center deployments with secure and reliable connectivity to SIP Trunking and cloud-based services.
Since its launch in July 2012, the Mediant 4000 has already been selected by a dozen service providers and large organizations as an integral part of their infrastructure implementation. Mediant 4000 customers include:
- A global consulting and financial services firm that chose the Mediant 4000 to connect its Lync server in Canada to a local SIP Trunking service provider
- A leading telecom carrier in Asia that uses the Mediant 4000 in nine different sites of a distributed Genesys contact center
- One of the top ranked banks in Russia that utilizes the Mediant 4000 with transcoding and with AudioCodes’ Session Experience Manager
- A large consumer electronics corporation that selected the Mediant 4000 to connect its cloud-based contact center to thousands of agents in remote locations worldwide
- A service provider in Europe that connected its dedicated hosted Lync servers to its core SIP trunk
- The Latin American incumbent carrier that integrated the Mediant 4000 as part of a migration to a new contact center solution
- An over-the-top SIP Trunk provider in the US that deployed the Mediant 4000 with transcoding capabilities to connect managed IP-PBXs of hundreds of its SOHO and SMB customers
"The high capacity of the Mediant 4000 fits well in large scale unified communications and contact center deployments," said Nimrod Borovsky, VP Marketing at AudioCodes. "Our ability to provide secure and resilient connectivity along with a complete view of voice quality in the network addresses the increased demand by both on-premise equipment and hosted services customers."