Connecting legacy analog devices to IP-PBXs and the Internet is an essential step for many organizations during their gradual migration to VoIP services. Analog media gateways – or analog device adaptors - enable network equipment providers and system integrators to effectively deliver carrier-hosted converged services as well as enterprise-based applications to customers with legacy equipment.
AudioCodes MediaPack and Mediant media gateways provide a reliable, risk-free solution for analog device integration:
- Connecting analog phones, modems, fax machines and PBXs to VoIP services
- Large variety of interoperable softswitches and PBXs
- PSTN fallback and standalone survivability
- Comprehensive management tool for configuration and maintenance
- Rich SIP implementation with routing manipulation options
- Field-proven and widely deployed in enterprise networks worldwide
AudioCodes line of MediaPack 1xx (MP-1xx) analog media gateways is a mature third generation product family based on AudioCodes' field-proven VoIP technology. Featuring from 2 to 24 analog ports (FXO and FXS), the gateways connect analog devices, analog PBXs and key systems to the IP network, supporting multiple IP protocols including SIP, H.323 and MGCP.
AudioCodes Mediant platforms of E-SBCs and media gateways combine analog, digital, PSTN, TDM-to-IP and IP-to-IP connectivity in a range of scalable configurations. The analog module of a Mediant platform includes combinations of FXS and FXO ports, with the option of using one of the FXS ports as a life-line interface for PSTN fallback in case of power failure.