Location: Home Office, Sydney or Melbourne
Sales engineer (SE) is an experienced engineer that takes part in all sales activity in the ANZ region.
The SE leads all technical activities in the sales process with full project and solution responsibility from the opportunity phase until it is ready to be handed over to the post sale phase. The Sales Engineer is expected to have consulting level skills. This means the SE typical day to day activities include giving product demonstrations to potential customers, translating the customers requirements into a high level design, liaison between the customer and other AudioCodes employees to finalize the design and play a ‘hands on’ roll in POC activities.
This SE position requires 5-10 years of experience in the technical field of VoIP/Telephony/Data SW and HW. The SE should have system “hands on” and engineering capabilities allowing him to understand specifics of the customer requirements and use a consultative approach towards a solution based on the best match of both AudioCodes and partner products.
The SE is part of the region’s sales organization and of the AudioCodes world-wide SE team. It is expected that this individual acquires in depth knowledge in all AudioCodes products and solution. The ability to quickly learn new technologies and products is key to the Sale Engineering role.
During the post-sales phase, the SE will remain in contact with the customer to make sure they are informed on relevant news products and technologies. Occasionally the SE might be asked to liaison with other AudioCodes resources when technical issues are escalated or arise during the implementation phase of a project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a consultation and system design level service to the customer, in Telecom provider migration to VoIP and UC.
- Provide a consultation level service to the enterprise customers, in UC/UCaaS deployment and migration to digital transformation.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales force during (onsite) sales calls and presentations
- Provide pre-sales technical support (“Hands on” capabilities are a must).
- Provide technical support during first time demo and installation of new products together with AudioCodes partners and end users.
- Pre-sales technical interface to the channel/partner while nurturing and managing of technical knowledge transfer to the partners.
- Analyze the technical fit of AudioCodes’ products against the prospects’ and customers’ requirements and presenting these requirements to the Product management team.
- Deliver customer presentations and hands-on product demonstrations, hence product setup knowledge is a requirement.
- Provide product training to customers during the pre-sales phase.
- Lead Proof of Concept activities in the region.
- Lead RFP’s/RFI technical responses.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing for regional events (e.g. seminars, road shows etc.).
- Supervise and manage interoperability tests for systems being the interface between the customer /carrier and AudioCodes Product Management & Business Line.
- Support CPE interoperability tests between carrier and AudioCodes in the region.
Education: Engineering or university Diploma in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent experience with regards to VoIP, including SIP, SBC and IP-PBX.
- 5 years in IP telephony, SIP, UC and UCaaS in Carrier/SP domain as well as Enterprise domain
- Experience with public cloud services like Zoom and Microsoft Teams, but also Azure Communication Services, AWS or Amazon Chime
- Experience in Microsoft based solutions selling to enterprise IT groups, including projects deployments and managed services, based on Microsoft infrastructure and applications – An Advantage
- Knowledge of Contact Center solutions (Genesys, ININ, Avaya or others) – An Advantage
- Knowledge of Digital Transformation