Location: Singapore/Hong Kong/Malaysia
AudioCodes is a global company with an enduring commitment to the foundation of all human communications - voice. We design, manufacture, and sell advanced Voice-over-IP and converged VoIP and data networking products, applications and professional services to enterprises, medium and small business, as well as to service providers globally.
At AudioCodes, we recognize that our strength as a company comes from the unique talents that each of our employees brings to the table. After all, they are our most valuable assets. As such, we strongly believe that the only way to keep ahead of the curve and successfully meet the challenges of the 21st century is to invest heavily in our team. At the same time, through carefully tailored guidance and nurturing, we encourage each employee to continually strive for professional excellence, achievement, and real personal development. We offer a flexible and collaborative work environment, along with career growth opportunities.
The Field Application Engineer candidate would be an experienced engineer with proficiency in Technical Support and troubleshooting, as well as Professional & Managed Services Planning, Implementation & Operations. He must be comfortable working with customers, partners, and 3rd party providers, and able to support and lead customers through troubleshooting processes and project delivery activities. Successful candidate must be able to adapt to new/changing requirements therefore flexibility and independence is required. Successful candidate will not only be essential in the delivery of professional services but also in communicating the AudioCodes value proposition and managing customer expectations.
- Provide technical assistance to customers through technical support, as well as Professional and Managed Services.
- In a Technical Support capacity, own the entire problem resolution cycle, including effective diagnosis, reproducing issues in our lab, resolution of 2nd/3rd tier issues, and escalating to Engineering as needed.
- In a Professional and Managed Services capacity, deliver design and implementation services, from initial customer engagement to live production service.
- In a Resident Engineer capacity, be assigned to a specific customer for a pre-defined duration, to support the defined operations and maintenance activities.
- Act as customer trusted advisor, consult customer about solutions options after understanding their needs and expectations.
- Plan, manage, and execute the agreed deliverables for Professional and Managed Service offerings.
- Accurately record customer issues and document resolutions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and broad knowledge of product and service offers and solutions.
- Perform remote and on-site services as required. May require travel to customer sites within the APAC region.
- Deliver technical training/knowledge transfer to customers/partners as required.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering or University Diploma in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years direct technical working experience in the Telecom and Enterprise solutions integration, in the Data Communications field with an emphasis on voice and unified communications applications.
- Solid understanding of IP Telephony Gateways, Session Border Controllers, and various VoIP signaling protocols (e.g. SIP, WebRTC, etc.) and TDM telephony protocols.
- Solid understanding of Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Environment - Unified Communications technologies – Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business, Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and O365 design and administration, PowerShell, etc., will be considered a key advantage.
- Microsoft certification in Unified Communications or Could services is preferred. Cisco voice certifications (e.g. CCNA) is an advantage.
- Experience with both Enterprise and Service Provider environments is an advantage.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English. Additional APAC region languages is an advantage.
- Solid customer service orientation and a passion for excellence.
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting and problems solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Some international travel may be required.