Location: Office in Tokyo, Japan
Job Description: Microsoft UC Voice Sales engineer (SE) is an experienced engineer that takes part in all sales activity in Japan.
This SE position requires 3-10 years of experience in the technical field of Unified Communication (UC)/VoIP/Telephony SW and HW. The SE should have system “hands on” and engineering capabilities allowing him to understand specifics of the customer requirements and use a consultative approach towards a solution based on the best match of both AudioCodes and partner products.
The SE leads all technical activities in the sales process with Microsoft UC voice project and Microsoft UC voice solution responsibility from the opportunity phase until it is ready to be handed over to the post sale phase.
The SE is part of the region’s sales organization. It is expected that this individual acquires in depth knowledge in all AudioCodes products and solution. The ability to quickly learn new technologies and products is key to the Sale Engineering role.
The Sales Engineer is expected to have a consulting level skill. This includes product presentations, requirement gathering and consulting meeting, high level solution design, demos, workshop, proof of concept and related “hands on” activities. During the post-sales phase, the position’s primary goal is to be the first escalation point for all technical issues related to a customer (technical account management) excluding the actual technical services management.
Hereafter, a more detailed list of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a consultation level service to the customer, in UCaaS deployment and migration to Digital transformation.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales force during (onsite) sales calls.
- Provide pre-sales technical support (“Hands on” capabilities are a must).
- Provide technical support during first time installation of new products together with AudioCodes partners and end users.
- Pre-sales technical interface to the channel/partner while nurturing and managing of technical knowledge transfer to the partners.
- Analyze the technical fit of AudioCodes’ products against the prospects’ and customers’ requirements.
- Deliver customer presentations and hands-on product demonstrations, hence product setup knowledge is a requirement.
- Provide product training to customers during the pre-sales phase.
- Lead RFP’s/RFI technical responses.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing for regional events (e.g. seminars, road shows etc.).
- Supervise and manage interoperability tests for systems being the interface between the customer /carrier and AUDC Product Management & Business Line.
- Support CPE interoperability tests between carrier and AUDC in his region.
- Leading Microsoft Calling Workshop and Proof of Concept activities in the region.
Engineering or university Diploma in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or similar education
Min 3 years in Microsoft UC deployment, and/or experience with Public cloud
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Microsoft UC experience is must to have i.e Skype for Business or Teams
- Microsoft UC voice implementation experience – A Strong Advantage
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Powershell – A Strong Advantage
- Experience in Microsoft UC solutions selling to enterprise IT groups, including projects deployments and managed services, based on Microsoft infrastructure and applications – An Advantage
- Experience in Cloud Implementation – An Advantage
- Understanding of the technical component in the sales process.
- Team Player, working effectively in multinational environment.
- Technical leadership.
- Enjoys interaction with customers and partners.
- Experienced in acquiring and engaging with new customers and prospects.
- Good presentation skills.
- Working from home office.
- Willingness to travel to meet end customers and partners throughout the region.
- Native / business fluent Japanese speaker.
- Fluent in English.