The IPmedia (IPM)-260/SIP blade is a complete SIP-compliant media server, delivering a cost-effective solution in a convenient PCI form-factor. This unique stand-alone PCI media server operates as an independent network element and only relies on the host PC for power, eliminating device drivers and operation system dependencies.
Incorporating AudioCodes’ leading Voice over Packet technology and based on field-proven media products, the IPM-260/SIP enables Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) and enterprise application developers a rapid time-to-market and reliable cost-effective deployments of enhanced voice services in VoIP telephony networks. Designed for carrier-grade applications, the IPM-260/SIP is compliant with a range of Telecom and safety regulations.
Enhanced Applications and Enhanced Voice Services
The IPM-260/SIP delivers a range of media processing technologies, such as voice record/playback, announcements, conferencing, voice mixing, DTMF (detection/generation) and Transcoding features, which enable the delivery of advanced services based on the latest SIP, NetAnn and MSCML IETF RFCs.
Best-of-Breed Right-Sized Systems
The IPM-260/SIP PCI VoIP Media Server matches the density requirements for small to medium applications, while meeting developer’s demands for scalability. This blade scales from 30 to 248 ports in a single PCI slot and provides an ideal solution for enterprise applications as well as carrier locations. Optional 1 to 8 E1/T1 PSTN interfaces enable applications that require TDM interfaces and eliminate costly separate media gateway components.
Advanced Security Suite
With the advent of VoIP, security is becoming a crucial challenge. The IPM-260/SIP Media Server addresses this concern by offering advanced security capabilities that include SRTP for safe media transmission and TLS for SIP (SIPS).
Selected IPM-260/SIP Features
- Up to 248 DSP media resources on a single blade
- Optional 8 T1/E1 PSTN interfaces
- Scalable solution – Pay As You Grow
- Range of conferencing modes: Active, Listener only, Moderator, etc.
- IVR playback and record via HTTP/NFS for advanced streaming applications
- Packet to packet mediation – with or without coder Transcoding
- Comprehensive security suite: IPsec, SRTP, SSL/TLS
- Reliable voice, answering machine and call progress detection
|Capacity||248 DSP resources
Optional 8 E1/T1 PSTN interfaces
|Voice Compression1||G.711, G.723, G.722, G.726, GSM, G.729AB, EVRC, AMR, iLBC|
|Transcoding - Packet to packet mediation||Transcoding from Low Bit Rate coder to High Bit Rate coder or other Low Bit Rate coders|
|Power||3.77A at 5V with quad E1/T1 interface|
1 May reduce the channel capacity
2 Please Contact AudioCodes
- Complete stand-alone SIP based media server on a PCI blade
- Delivers 30 to 248 media resource channels
- Supports SIP, NetAnn, and MSCML RFCs
- Optional 8 T1/E1 PSTN interfaces for hybrid VoIP / PSTN applications
- Enables enhanced applications such as Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Conferencing, Network Announcements and Messaging
- Extensive list of interoperability certifications with industry leaders
IPM-260/SIP (PDF, 303.0KB) Release Date: Aug 09, 018 E1/T1 VolP PCI Media Server Blade
End Of Support Notice for Software Version 4.8 (PDF, 75.0KB) Release Date: Aug 01, 08Product notice 0069
AudioCodes Releases Software Version 5.2 (PDF, 139.0KB) Release Date: Aug 22, 07Product Notice 0055
AudioCodes Releases Software Version 5.0 (PDF, 124.0KB) Release Date: Mar 26, 07Product Notice 0050
End of Support Announcement Software Version 4.4 (PDF, 131.0KB) Release Date: Sep 08, 06Product Notice 0044
AudioCodes Releases Software Version 4.6 (PDF, 141.0KB) Release Date: Sep 21, 05Product Notice 0027