- The Mediant 800B vE-CPE is an advanced platform, combining a standard Intel microserver with Physical Network Functions (pNF) required for hosted business communications
- The Mediant 800B vE-CPE is ideally suited for UCaaS and SIP trunking services, offering integrated capabilities such as:
- Branch router and dual WAN interfaces, including support for 3G/LTE
- Session border controller (SBC) and media gateway for VoIP interoperability, connectivity, security and resiliency
- The Mediant 800B vE-CPE is compatible with OpenStack and 3rd party NFV orchestrators and VNFs
- Standard x86 COM-Express CPU module for hosting VNFs provides superior platform flexibility and longevity, allowing upgrades as technology advances
- AudioCodes will be showcasing the Mediant 800B vE-CPE at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on February 22-25, 2016.
- Availability for beta customers is planned for early Q2 2016
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced the launch of the Mediant 800B virtual enterprise CPE (vE-CPE). The Mediant 800B vE-CPE combines a standard Intel x86 server with embedded Physical Network Functions (pNF) required for hosted business communications, including a business edge router, session border controller (SBC) and VoIP media gateway.
Virtualization of the enterprise CPE (vE-CPE) represents one of the most compelling use cases of Network Function Virtualization (NFV), as it provides a remotely manageable platform on which hosted service providers can easily deploy, modify or delete virtual network functions used in Wide Area Networks (WAN). With its embedded support for data routing, SBC and media gateway, the Mediant 800B vE-CPE enables hosted service providers to deliver these premium value-added services (VNFs) without impacting their hosted voice and UC services (UCaaS). The Mediant 800B’s router provides high performance data routing capabilities with support for a range of WAN interfaces (including 3G and LTE). The embedded SBC functionality ensures extensive VoIP interoperability, security and resiliency. The Mediant 800B vE-CPE is compatible with OpenStack and 3rd party NFV orchestrators and VNFs.
“The Mediant 800B vE-CPE is an important addition to our growing NFV solution portfolio,” commented Yehuda Herscovici, VP Product at AudioCodes. “With its combination of embedded pNFs and high performance x86 server, the Mediant 800B vE-CPE enables hosted service providers to consolidate several services on a single platform. Furthermore, providers benefit from reduced operational costs through remote deployments at customer sites.”
Meet AudioCodes at the upcoming shows:
- Schedule a meeting with AudioCodes at Mobile World Congress 2016, Hall 2, Meeting Room #2B54M, February 22-25, 2016 - Barcelona, Spain
- Visit the AudioCodes’ “Unified Communications Innovation Unleashed” booth and demos at the Enterprise Connect show in Orlando, Florida, March 7-9, 2016 at booth #1529