- The Amazon Chime Voice Connector service enables secure calling from on-premises phone systems and contact centers
- AudioCodes Mediant suite of session border controllers (SBCs), which includes cloud-native, virtualized, and appliance models, now interoperate with the Amazon Chime Voice Connector
- Mediant SBCs are a highly scalable range of products that deliver comprehensive SIP interoperability, robust security and superior voice quality
- The cloud-native Mediant CE SBC is designed to enable high-scale deployment of voice services in AWS and other public or private clouds, with built-in high availability and cost-effective dynamic elasticity
- Additional AudioCodes SBC key features include:
- Microsoft Teams Direct Routing support, including media bypass
- Integrated support for WebRTC communications
- Advanced codec support including Opus, WB-AMR and SILK
Lod, Israel – May 14, 2019 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC) Press Release
AudioCodes session border controllers enable Amazon Chime Voice Connector customers to easily connect with SIP trunks and voice communications solutions
AudioCodes, a leading vendor of advanced voice networking and media processing solutions for the digital workplace, today announced that its Mediant session border controller (SBC) family has been successfully tested with the Amazon Chime Voice Connector SIP trunking service. Amazon Chime Voice Connector enables customers to place cost-effective, secure telephone calls to over 100 countries from an on-premises phone system, using an existing internet connection or AWS Direct Connect. The AudioCodes Mediant suite of SBCs, which includes cloud-native, virtualized and appliance models, enables organizations to connect securely and reliably to the Amazon Chime Voice Connector service.
The Mediant SBCs are a highly scalable range of products that deliver comprehensive SIP interoperability, robust security and superior voice quality. They are all certified for Microsoft Teams, including Direct Routing with media bypass, and provide integrated support for WebRTC communications and advanced voice codecs including Opus, WB-AMR and SILK.
Featuring a micro-services architecture, the Mediant Cloud Edition (CE) SBC has been designed from the ground up for cloud environments. The Mediant CE enables enterprises, system integrators and cloud communication providers to deploy high-scale voice services in AWS and other public or private clouds, with built-in high availability and cost-effective dynamic elasticity, automatically adding or removing cloud resources per service needs.
“Amazon Chime Voice Connector was designed to enable companies to lower voice calling costs for their on-premises phone systems,” said Sid Rao, GM of Amazon Chime. “With their field-proven interoperability, robust security and voice quality, AudioCodes SBCs provide the flexibility our customers need to enjoy reliable inbound and outbound calling regardless of their existing on-premises telephony solution.”
“We are delighted that our complete range of Mediant SBCs now interoperates with the Amazon Chime Voice Connector service,” said Yehuda Herscovici, VP product at AudioCodes. “The versatility and scalability of our cloud-native and appliance-based Mediant SBCs give Amazon’s customers the flexibility they need to benefit fully from cloud voice services while leveraging their existing on-premises platforms.”