What type of information does AudioCodes collect?
We may collect certain Personal Information, Technical Information and Usage Information (collectively, “Information”).
- “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘Data Subject’). Types of personal information that we might collect varies depending on the purpose for which it is being collected. For example, if you fill out a form on our website, we will collect your name and email address. For job applicants, personal information collected would also include information such as your telephone number, mailing address, date of birth, etc.
- “Technical Information” refers to data associated with a person’s online or mobile access to our systems such as IP address, browser type, operating system, device type, geolocation data and other similar technical information that is typically received from your browser or device when visiting our website. This may also include the referring URL that led you to our website.
- “Usage Information” refers to the information related to your use of our website, including where you clicked, scrolled and navigated to on the website and how much time you spend on a webpage. It may also include information related to whether you received, opened or clicked on any links in an email sent to you.
AudioCodes as a Processor DPA
How does AudioCodes collect information?
We may use various methods to collect Information, including:
- When you voluntarily provide AudioCodes with information - for example, in a webform, registration, community forums, search request or request for information. This may also include information you provided through your participation in a conference or event that we attend.
- Information obtained from third party sources. This includes information received through marketing tools and services, demographic studies, web analytic tools and public sources such as social media sites. We may combine the information received through these sources with other information we have in order to ensure our records are up to date and so that we are able to provide you with relevant content.
You have choices and rights in how we collect and use information. See the Your Rights section below for more information.
How does AudioCodes use your information?
We use Information for the following purposes:
- To create accounts and allow customers to register the products they purchased, and to process customer transactions.
- To process your inquiries, solicit input and feedback and respond to your requests. For example, when you contact us for additional information on our products or services, when you request to receive certain content (e.g. white papers, research papers, product and services information) or provide technical support.
- To send you messages related to the AudioCodes service that we believe may interest you such as updates to our products, features, periodic newsletter emails, administer surveys, provide enhancements, upgrade opportunities, special and promotional offers and services. You will always be able to opt out of receiving such materials. Please see the Your Rights section below on how to opt out. You will also be provided the opportunity to opt out in each communication of such materials.
- To deliver and enforce our Terms of Service and ensure proper functioning of our products and Services.
- To allow candidates to apply for a job through the AudioCodes site.
- To analyze how you have used our website (including your activities and interactions on the website) and to customize the website. We do this to diagnose problems with the website and to improve the website and your experience when navigating the website.
- To better understand the behavior and preferences of its customers and target and serve static and dynamic contextual and behavioral advertising.
- To help create a safer and more trusted environment for our customers by preventing fraud or harm to AudioCodes or to any third party, and to ensure the security of the AudioCodes network and services.
- To comply with its legal obligations and to exercise and enforce its legal rights when necessary.
Cross Border Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Data
- We may be required to transfer Information to affiliates or third parties in countries other than the country in which the data originated. Any such transfers shall be done in compliance with all applicable laws.
- AudioCodes transfers personal data to a third country only if the controller or processor has provided appropriate safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available.
- Personal data collected may also be processed by AudioCodes' employees operating outside of the EU or one of its affiliates or vendors. This staff may be engaged in processing transactions and payment details or provisioning support services. AudioCodes vendors are carefully vetted through a vendor assessment procedure and are legally committed to comply with relevant regulations.
With whom does AudioCodes share information?
In order to conduct its business and perform its services, we may share Information with various third parties, such as:
- Our subsidiary companies and affiliates, AudioCodes resellers, agents, sales partners or service providers acting on our behalf in connection with the offering of AudioCodes products or services.
- Third parties that help us maintain, administer or develop our website and services (e.g. hosting company, payment processors, business management and email distribution service providers and other similar service providers).
- When complying with legal requirements, such as court orders, subpoenas, and other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- Legal authorities, consultants, advisors or service providers when required to investigate, respond to or prevent fraud; or when required to ensure the security of the AudioCodes network and services and protect the safety of AudioCodes or the public.
- As part of any merger or acquisition of AudioCodes information may be transferred to the acquiring company, as well as to any advisors representing a party during discussions of such merger or acquisition.
AudioCodes may publish general aggregate and unidentifiable information (e.g. statistical information) relating to use of its website or success of its marketing campaigns.
AudioCodes does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless upon specific consent to such disclosure. AudioCodes discloses Personal Information to third parties only if they have satisfactory measures to protect Personal Information.
In all cases, the information provided will not be disclosed, rented, loaned, leased, sold, or otherwise voluntarily distributed to unaffiliated third parties and will be used solely for the purpose stated herein. AudioCodes has not sold Personal Information in the preceding 12 months.
Links to Third Parties’ sites
If you are a resident from the European Economic Area, please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information will depend on the Personal Information collected and the specific context in which we collect it.
Legal Basis for Collection
In all cases, the information provided will not be disclosed, rented, loaned, leased, sold, or otherwise voluntarily distributed to unaffiliated third parties and will be used solely for the purpose stated herein.
We normally collect Personal Information only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your Personal Information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the services you have requested), (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests; or (d) where we are required to collect, retain or share such information under applicable laws. In some cases, we may need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information, you have the right to object.
If you are a job applicant, AudioCodes processes your Personal Information pursuant to one or more of the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary in connection with our legitimate interests in recruitment and hiring candidates.
- The processing is necessary to take steps, at your request, relating to potentially entering into an employment contract with you.
- The processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as retaining records relating to the recruitment process for periods required under applicable laws or regulations.
- We may also seek your consent to process or retain your Personal Information in certain, limited circumstances that we clearly identify to you.
Protecting your information
- AudioCodes follows appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and suitable security measures in order to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and all other data stored on our site. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store Personal Information.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a secured SSL communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Where does AudioCodes store personal information?
AudioCodes stores Information on its own servers as well as those operated by third party data hosting providers (cloud providers). Such servers may be located worldwide.
How long does AudioCodes retain my information?
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to pursue the purpose of the collection. We may also retain your Personal Information for such time needed to pursue our legitimate business interests, in connection with any legal claims and compliance with legal obligations. When we use your information for direct marketing purposes we will retain your data until you opt-out from receiving such materials, although we retain certain information to maintain a record of your request.
- Personal Information related to job applications will generally be retained for 12 months after an application that does not result in employment. At the end of that 12-month period, your Personal Information will be deleted from our recruiting applications. If you decide during the 12-month period that we should not keep your Personal Information for that period to consider you for future employment at AudioCodes, please contact AudioCodes to request that your Personal Information be deleted. Note that we may retain some of your Personal Information as required by applicable law or AudioCodes policy.
- AudioCodes supports the Data Subjects' "Right to be forgotten". Data Subjects may request to remove their Personal Information at any time by submitting a request through the support portal.
- Accounts created with AudioCodes are considered active until AudioCodes receives a user request to delete them or deactivate them.
What are your rights and how do you exercise them?
We provide you with various choices on how we may use Information in connection with marketing and our use of Information Technologies to serve you interests based advertisements and analyze website usage.
As an EU resident, you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights pertain to EU residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
California residents will be granted with the following rights:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, which was collected in the 12 months prior to the request, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in the 12 months prior to the request, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information by us.
- Not to be discriminated because of the exercise of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- You may withdraw your consent from direct marketing at any time or object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
To opt out click here.
- You can manage your preferences related to our use of Information Technologies (e.g. cookies) which are used, among other things, to provide you with targeted interest based advertisements and to analyze your use of our website. Additionally, certain advertisers (including Google) may be members of NAI and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may opt out from such advertisers' services here or at the following link: www.aboutads.info/choices
- You may opt out of our use of the AudioCodes experience analytics service on our website by clicking here.
Please note these rights may be limited in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. For any additional information regarding such rights or to exercise any such rights please contact AudioCodes at: email@example.com.
How to contact AudioCodes with questions or concerns?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone at + 972-3-976-4000 and ask to speak with Legal team or DPO.
- Phone for CCPA requests – (Toll free) at +18776183622 ask for DPO or Privacy
AudioCodes Ltd., 1 Hayarden Street, Airport City, Lod, 7019900 Israel