- AudioCodes Mediant SBCs are deployed at the premises of BT’s business customers to connect existing communications equipment with BT’s SIP trunk network simply and rapidly
- Hybrid TDM/IP SBCs ensure seamless integration with virtually any legacy TDM (BRI or PRI) or IP-based telephony systems
- AudioCodes SBCs are fully certified for BT’s BroadSoft BroadWorks powered infrastructure
- The flexibility and scalability of the Mediant SBC family enable BT to offer a cost-effective solution for virtually any customer environment
- Zero-touch service activation ensures operational efficiency
- Built-in voice quality monitoring assists BT’s administrators in rapidly identifying and correcting potential service disruptions
Lod, Israel - October 16, 2017 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC) Press Release
AudioCodes, a leading provider of voice networking solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced that BT, one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, has selected AudioCodes Mediant session border controllers (SBCs) to provide connectivity between BT’s business customers and its SIP trunk service in the UK. AudioCodes’ SBCs will be deployed at BT’s business customers’ premises enabling existing on-site communications platforms to connect simply and rapidly to BT’s network.
BT’s SIP trunk service’s infrastructure is powered by BroadSoft’s BroadWorks hosted telephony platform. AudioCodes’ SBCs are certified by BroadSoft ensuring seamless interoperability with BT’s infrastructure. Furthermore, the SBCs offer hybrid functionality, supporting both traditional telephony interfaces (including BRI and PRI) and comprehensive SIP interoperability on the same device. As a result, BT can deploy the same SBC model at virtually any location regardless of the customer’s existing on-site equipment, simplifying training and support processes.
Commenting on the solution, Mayuresh Thavapalan, BT’s Director Volume Products, said, “BT’s SIP trunk service is aimed at providing our business customers with scalable, cost-effective and reliable voice communications as they start to migrate to IP based services. AudioCodes’ SBCs provide a crucial link between customers’ existing platforms and our network, helping them transition to the new environment as smoothly as possible.”
“We are proud that our SBCs have been selected for BT’s SIP trunking service,” said Lior Aldema, AudioCodes’ COO and Head of Global Sales. “Our Mediant family of SBCs has been designed to deliver seamless and reliable SIP trunk connectivity. In conjunction with their easy deployment and support for voice quality monitoring, the flexibility and scalability of our SBCs makes them ideal for hosted service provider implementations.”
AudioCodes is proud to be a Platinum Plus sponsor at BroadSoft Connections in Phoenix, Arizona, October 22-25, 2017. Come and meet us at booth P1.