- NFV (Network Function Virtualization) is gaining momentum among service providers as it enables them to launch new services cost-effectively and add agility to their network operations
- AudioCodes' offering is aligned with NFV guidelines to enable smooth integration into virtualized datacenter and cloud environments
- AudioCodes’ Mediant SBC VE (Session Border Controller Virtualized Edition) fulfils the role of a Session Border Controller VNF (Virtualized Network Function) in the NFV architecture
- Israel Mobile Association (IMA) is a rich and diverse mobile and media ecosystem that has been delivering market ready innovation since 2002
- AudioCodes will utilize the IMA’s NFV Ecosystem and Pre-Integration Lab to achieve certification of its products and integration with other ecosystem vendors, as well as to promote IP transformation and NFV solutions among operators and service providers
Lod, Israel - February 8, 2016 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC), a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced that it has joined the Israel Mobile Association’s NFV program. AudioCodes’ technologies, products and solutions will be included in the IMA’s NFV Ecosystem and Pre-Integration Lab along with solutions from other vendors in order to develop IP transformation and NFV solutions for global telecommunications service providers.
NFV is gaining momentum among service providers, enabling them to launch new services rapidly and add agility to their networks. This is achieved through the virtualization of core and service elements in the service provider network, as well as orchestration and chaining of software-based services. AudioCodes is participating in several NFV programs such as the HPE OpenNFV and Alcatel-Lucent’s CloudBand NFV ecosystem. By joining the IMA’s NFV program, AudioCodes will be eligible to gain NFV certification for its solutions with additional leading NFV players and promote them through IMA’s global activities with operators and service providers. AudioCodes recognized the value of NFV for service and cloud providers at an early stage and its Mediant SBC VE (Virtualized Edition) has been designed to fulfil the role of an SBC Virtual Network Function (VNF) within the NFV environment.
“Operators can grow their revenues by launching additional services to enterprise and business customers,” said Eyal Reshef, IMA founder and CEO “AudioCodes’ solutions represent a very attractive business opportunity for operators allowing them to improve their service offering to business customers.”
“We are delighted to be a participant in IMA’s NFV Ecosystem and Pre-Integration Lab program,” said Yehuda Herscovici, VP Product at AudioCodes. “The program will enable telecommunications operators and hosted unified communications providers globally to become acquainted with the new technology and shorten deployment time through pre-certified, innovative and scalable NFV solutions.”
Meet AudioCodes at the upcoming shows:
- Schedule a meeting with AudioCodes at Mobile World Congress 2016, Hall 2, Meeting Room #2B54M, February 22-25, 2016 - Barcelona, Spain
- Visit the AudioCodes’ “Unified Communications Innovation Unleashed” booth and demos at the Enterprise Connect show in Orlando, Florida, March 7-9, 2016 at booth #1529