Bouygues Telecom is one of the largest telecoms operators in France, with a base of 17.8 million customers including 3.4 million fixed broadband customers. The company’s enterprise division provides fixed, mobile and internet solutions to 3 million users with 1.6 million mobile lines.
Bouygues had previously introduced IP-based hosted telephony with unified communications and SIP trunking services, initially based on a Cirpack softswitch which was replaced more recently by a BroadSoft solution. Because Bouygues needed a simple and reliable way to connect new customers to the service, the optimal solution was to deploy enterprise SBCs on the customer premises. The chosen SBCs had to ensure reliable SIP trunk connectivity with Bouygues’ core platforms, deliver proven interoperability with a vast range of different customer PBX and unified communications platforms and be scalable to meet any customer premises requirements.
Simple and reliable connectivity to Bouygues’ SIP trunk service
Interoperability with any customer PBX
Scalable to meet the needs of any customer location
"It was very clear to us that the superior quality of AudioCodes’ SBCs would make it possible for Bouygues Telecom to provide French companies with competitive and reliable voice services during their migration to all-IP.”Céline Lazard, Director of Fixed Marketing at Bouygues Telecom
Deployed at the border between an enterprise’s VoIP network and a service provider’s SIP trunk, SBCs implement SIP protocol mediation and media handling, as well as securing the enterprise VoIP network.
Bouygues chose AudioCodes Mediant SBCs because they provide the interoperability, survivability and quality assurance that today’s enterprises and service providers demand. Built on expertise acquired through years of global VoIP deployments for enterprises and service providers, AudioCodes Mediant SBCs feature cutting-edge technology that can be trusted to perform. They include extras like advanced routing capabilities, enhanced security, WebRTC gateway functionality and integrated reverse HTTP proxies.
The Mediant 800, Mediant 2600 and Mediant 4000 SBCs were selected for this project for a number of different reasons:
- Field-proven interoperability for connecting to customer premises PBXs regardless of vendor
- Seamless integration with Bouygues’ BroadSoft softswitch
- Scalable platforms suitable for any customer location size
- Transcoding capabilities and media enhancements to enhance voice quality
- SNMP support enables network administrators to manage the entire SBC deployment via Bouygues’ network management systems
- Dynamic, network-wide floating license for a flexible and cost-effective deployment
- Identical code base across Mediant SBC models ensures feature parity and simplifies operations and support
Mediant SBCs bring the following benefits to Bouygues:
- Versatility – Broad SIP mediation capabilities, extensive interoperability and real scalability
- Reliability – Smooth connectivity and superb Quality of Experience (QoE)
- Resiliency – High availability and survivability
- Security – Robust defense against fraud and other malicious attacks
Mediant 800 SBC
The AudioCodes Mediant 800 enterprise session border controller (E-SBC) and media gateway offers a complete connectivity solution for small-to-medium sized enterprises.Discover More
Mediant 2600 SBC
The AudioCodes Mediant 2600 is an enterprise session border controller (E-SBC) designed to serve medium-sized businesses.Discover More
Bouygues has already deployed AudioCodes Mediant SBCs at hundreds of customer sites, ensuring reliable SIP trunk connectivity with their core platforms and the easy connection of new subscribers to the service.
“Even though this was our first experience of working with AudioCodes, we were very impressed by the expertise of their local technical and sales teams and we felt that we were in safe hands,” said Céline Lazard, Director of Fixed Marketing at Bouygues Telecom. “It was very clear to us that the superior quality of AudioCodes’ SBCs would make it possible for Bouygues Telecom to provide French companies with competitive and reliable voice services during their migration to all-IP.”