What type of information does AudioCodes collect?
We may collect certain Personal Information, Technical Information and Usage Information (collectively, “Information”).
- “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Technical Information” refers to data associated with a person’s online or mobile access to our systems such as IP address, browser type, operating system, device type and other similar technical information that is typically received from your browser or device when visiting our Website. This may include the referring URL that led you to our Website.
- “Usage Information” refers to the information related to your use of our Website, including where you clicked, scrolled and navigated to on the Website and on a webpage. It may also include information related to whether you receive, opened or clicked on any links in an email sent to you.
How does AudioCodes collect information?
We may use various methods to collect Information, including:
- When you voluntarily provide AudioCodes with information - for example, in a webform, registration, community forums, search request or request for information. This may also include information you provided through your participation in a conference or event that we attend.
- Information obtained from third party sources. This includes information received through marketing tools and services, demographic studies, web analytic tools and public sources such as social media sites. We may combine the information received through these sources with other information we have in order to ensure our records are up to date and so that we are able to provide you with relevant content.
You have choices and rights in how we collect and use information. See the Your Rights section below for more information.
How does AudioCodes use your information?
We use Information for the following purposes:
- To send you marketing materials related to the AudioCodes service that we believe may interest you such as periodic newsletter emails or information about AudioCodes products, administer surveys, provide enhancements, upgrade opportunities, special and promotional offers and services. You will always be able to opt out of receiving such materials. Please see the Your Rights section below on how to opt out. You will also be provided the opportunity to opt out in each communication of such materials.
- To process your inquiries, solicit input and feedback and respond to your requests. For example, when you contact us for additional information on our products or services, when you request to receive certain content (e.g. white papers, research papers, product and services information) or provide technical support.
- To create accounts and allow customers to register their products, and to process customer transactions.
- To allow candidates to apply for a job through AudioCodes’ site.
- To analyze how you have used our Website (including your activities and interactions on the Website) and to customize the Website. We do this to diagnose problems with the Website and to improve the Website and your experience when navigating the Website.
- To better understand the behavior and preferences of its customers and target and serve static and dynamic contextual and behavioral advertising.
- To prevent fraud or harm to AudioCodes or to any third party, and ensure the security of the AudioCodes network and services.
- To comply with its legal obligations and to exercise and enforce its legal rights when necessary.
Cross Border Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Data
- We may be required to transfer Information to affiliates in countries other than the country in which the data originated. Any such transfers shall be done in compliance with all applicable laws.
- AudioCodes transfers personal data to a third country only if the controller or processor has provided appropriate safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available.
- Personal data collected may also be processed by AudioCodes' employees operating outside of the EU or one of its Affiliates or vendors. This staff may be engaged in processing transactions and payment details or provisioning support services. AudioCodes vendors are carefully vetted through a vendor assessment procedure and are legally committed to comply with relevant regulations.
With whom does AudioCodes share information?
In order to conduct its business and perform its services, we may share Information with various third parties, such as:
- Our subsidiary companies and affiliates, AudioCodes resellers, agents, sales partners or service providers acting on our behalf in connection with the offering of AudioCodes products or services.
- Third parties that help us maintain, administer or develop our Website and services (e.g. hosting company, payment processors, business management and email distribution service providers and other similar service providers).
- When complying with legal requirements, such as court orders, subpoenas, and other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- Legal authorities, consultants, advisors or service providers when required to investigate, respond to or prevent fraud; or when required to ensure the security of the AudioCodes network and services and protect the safety of AudioCodes or the public.
- As part of any merger or acquisition of AudioCodes information may be transferred to the acquiring company, as well as to any advisors representing a party during discussions of such merger or acquisition.
AudioCodes may publish general aggregate and unidentifiable information (e.g. statistical information) relating to use of its website or success of its marketing campaigns.
AudioCodes does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless upon specific consent to such disclosure. AudioCodes discloses Personal Information to third parties only if they have satisfactory measures to protect Personal Information.
In all cases, the information provided will not be disclosed, rented, loaned, leased, sold, or otherwise voluntarily distributed to unaffiliated third parties and will be used solely for the purpose stated herein.
Links to Third Parties’ sites
AudioCodes may include or offer links to third party products or services. AudioCodes does not control the content or links that appear on such other sites and is not responsible for the practices they employ. These parties should have separate and independent privacy policies, and AudioCodes has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Protecting your information
- AudioCodes follows appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and suitable security measures in order to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and all other data stored on our Site. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store Personal Information.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a secured SSL communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Where does AudioCodes store personal information?
AudioCodes stores Information on its own servers as well as those operated by third party data hosting providers (cloud providers). Such servers may be located worldwide.
How long does AudioCodes retain my information?
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to pursue the purpose of the collection. We may also retain your Personal Information for such time needed to pursue our legitimate business interests, in connection with any legal claims and compliance with legal obligations. When we use your information for direct marketing purposes we will retain your data until you opt-out from receiving such materials, although we retain certain information to maintain a record of your request.
- AudioCodes supports the Data subjects' "Right to be forgotten". Data subjects may request to remove their Personal Information at any time by submitting a request through the support portal.
- Accounts created with AudioCodes are considered active until AudioCodes receives a user request to delete them or deactivate them.
We provide you with various choices on how we may use Information in connection with: (i) marketing; and (ii) our use of Information Technologies to serve you interests based advertisements and analyze Website usage.
- You may withdraw your consent from direct marketing at any time or object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
To opt out click here.
- You can manage your preferences related to our use of Information Technologies (e.g. cookies) which are used, among other things, to provide you with targeted interest based advertisements and to analyze your use of our Website. Additionally, certain advertisers (including Google) may be members of NAI and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may opt out from such advertisers' services here or at the following link: www.aboutads.info/choices
- You may opt out of our use of the AudioCodes experience analytics service on our Website by clicking here.
In addition, the laws of some jurisdictions may provide you with various rights in connection with our processing of certain Information. Such rights may include:
- The right to withdraw any consent you have previously provided;
- The right to access certain Information about you that we process;
- The right to have us correct, complete or update any Personal Information;
- The right to have Information erased;
- The right to have us temporarily block (restrict) the processing of Information;
- The right to have Information exported in common machine-readable format, where applicable;
- The right to object to our processing of Information in cases of direct marketing, or when we rely on legitimate interests as our lawful basis to process your information;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
Please note these rights may be limited in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. For any additional information regarding such rights or to exercise any such rights please contact AudioCodes at: email@example.com.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone at + 972-3-976-4000 and ask to speak with Legal team.
AudioCodes Ltd., 1 Hayarden Street, Airport City, Lod, 7019900 Israel