- Active Communications Europe B.V. is a software house focused on Microsoft Skype for Business Unified Communications (UC) solutions and is based in the Netherlands
- Acquisition brings AudioCodes deep expertise of Microsoft software architecture for both Cloud PBX and on-premises Skype for Business Server, along with a field-proven hybrid cloud solution
- AudioCodes sells advanced solutions for the Unified Communications and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) market
- AudioCodes CloudBond 365 solution to benefit from the acquisition and enjoy faster development and advanced capabilities
- The acquisition follows close to two years of successful collaboration between the two companies
Lod, Israel - 5 January, 2016 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC) Press Release
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Active Communications Europe, a leading provider of communications solutions, which increase the effectiveness of departments, individuals and organizations. Active Communications Europe is a Microsoft Silver Partner specializing in Unified Communications.
"This agreement with Active Communications Europe places AudioCodes in a stronger position to serve the growing adoption of Microsoft Skype for Business Online, Office 365 and Cloud PBX," said Shabtai Adlersberg, President and CEO of AudioCodes. "The technology and expertise of Active Communications Europe effectively complement the AudioCodes One Voice portfolio.”
“We are pleased to welcome Active Communications Europe’s employees to the AudioCodes team. Together we are well positioned to help our enterprise and mid-market customers implement their gradual migration towards the Microsoft Cloud PBX,” commented Nimrode Borovsky, AudioCodes’ Vice President of Marketing. “With this acquisition we will strengthen our Unified Communications as a Service solution portfolio.”
The consideration for this transaction will consist of payment of $3 million in cash to the stockholders of Active Communications Europe, plus an earn-out arrangement under which AudioCodes has agreed to pay up to an additional $2 million based on attaining certain sales targets over the next three years. In exceptional circumstances, the earn-out may increase. Following the transaction, Active Communications Europe will become a wholly owned subsidiary of AudioCodes. The transaction closed on December 31, 2015.