Lod, Israel - April 13, 2012 - AudioCodes, a leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies, today announced that their Answering Machine Detection algorithms, included in their Mediant Media Gateways and Enterprise Session Border Controller products, have successfully completed extensive testing by Genesys On Demand Services and excelled in all performance criteria. Included as a standard feature in AudioCodes digital media gateways, Answering Machine Detection (AMD) algorithms are utilized extensively by outbound contact centers, allowing for the automatic detection of no-answer conditions and automated voice messaging systems. Automatic detection of no-answer conditions significantly improves contact center agent efficiency.
AudioCodes is the sole media gateway vendor included in the Genesys SIP Select program and is part of Genesys Solution Architectures, providing protective connectivity to any combination of TDM and SIP Service Providers. Available in a number of high-density configurations, AudioCodes Media Gateway, Media Server, and Session Border Controller are all built from a common code base, operate consistently, and share a common maintenance man-machine user interface.
"The success demonstrated by AudioCodes in their testing is excellent news for Genesys customers”, said Richard Barton, Director of Product Management, Genesys. “With our migration to pure SIP, having reliable and high performance call progress and answering machine detection is imperative for outbound contact center efficiency."
1. Savings of upwards of 22% on Media Server and Trunking costs: Analysis of typical outbound traffic profile suggests that media gateways and E-SBCs with AMD results in a net port savings of over 22% compared with solutions where the AMD would be performed in a separate media server.
2. Beep Detection: AudioCodes AMD algorithms are also able to detect the “beep” at the end of the answering machine greeting, facilitating the ability of outbound campaigns to leave messages on answering machines, making these otherwise unsuccessful calls productive.
3. Field Proven: Deployed in a number of global implementations, AudioCodes’ AMD algorithms have been subject to significant field-testing and performance validation.
4. Multi-Language Support: Accommodating different cultures and regions of the world, flexible configuration profiles adjust for variances in the way people live-answer and use voice-messaging systems.
5. Experience and Stability: AudioCodes’ AMD technology is developed internally by the world-class DSP team that delivers the signal processing features that set AudioCodes products apart. They deliver industry-leading capability for wireless and wideband transcoding, fax, hybrid and acoustic echo cancelation, encryption, and signal processing features like Answering Machine and Call Progress Detection. These tasks are all highly computational, and the instruction sets used in DSP processors execute this type of load much more efficiently than those in general purpose CPUs. At scale, this translates into substantial energy and cooling costs. The strength and stability of this team in specific and AudioCodes in general provide assurance of product support, growth, and customer responsiveness into the future.
AudioCodes will be exhibiting at Genesys G-Force North America, April 17-19th in the Sheraton Seattle. G-Force is the Genesys user conference that attracts over 1,000 attendees many of whom are joint customers with prominent names in the Financial, Healthcare, Transportation, and Manufacturing verticals. For more information on the event, visit: http://www.genesysgforce.com/