- One Voice Operations Center (OVOC) release 7.4 combines management of voice network devices and elements quality of experience monitoring into a single, intuitive application interface
- OVOC enables administrators to adopt a holistic approach to network lifecycle management by simplifying everyday tasks and assisting in troubleshooting all the way from detection to correction
- OVOC helps reduce operating expenses and total cost of ownership by delivering a single unified platform for centralized control and management of distributed enterprise voice networks
- Provides support for Microsoft Skype for Business voice deployments, whether on-premises, hybrid or cloud-based
- New solution also introduces multi-tenancy support for service provider and managed VoIP networks
Lod, Israel - October 9th, 2017 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC) Press Release
AudioCodes, a leading provider of voice networking solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced the launch of its One Voice Operations Center (OVOC) release 7.4. OVOC is a voice network management solution that combines management of voice network devices and elements and quality of experience monitoring and session routing into a single, intuitive web-based interface.
Thanks to OVOC’s new GUI design, system administrators are now able to manage the full life-cycle of VoIP devices and elements from a single centralized location, helping save time and costs. Tasks which would normally be considered complex and time-consuming, such as performing root cause analysis, adding new devices to the VoIP network and initiating bulk software updates, can now be carried out simply and rapidly.
OVOC has been especially designed for the management of distributed enterprise VoIP and unified communications networks, including on-premises, cloud-based and hybrid deployments of Skype for Business. The addition of multi-tenancy support in the new version also makes it suitable for service provider environments and managed VoIP networks.
“Enterprise and service provider VoIP networks are growing in size and complexity creating serious challenges for the IT staff tasked with maintaining reliable and high-quality voice services,” commented Nimrode Borovsky, VP marketing at AudioCodes. “OVOC’s innovative, holistic approach to voice network management helps to streamline operations and reduce costs by simplifying everyday tasks and accelerating troubleshooting from detection to correction.”
“The latest OVOC release represents an important step forward in the management of enterprise voice networks,” said Yossi Zadah, VP of AudioCodes’ OVOC business line. “Combining support for the planning, staging and implementation of network-wide call routing with device management, quality monitoring and root cause analysis is designed to simplify maintenance, help prevent network issues and reduce mean time to repair.”