- AudioCodes has successfully completed certification of the AudioCodes Mediant SBC Virtual Edition (VE) as a VNF on the HPE NFV platform
- HPE and AudioCodes can now offer access, peering and v-CPE enterprise SBCs to communications service providers looking to offer hosted voice services to their enterprise customers
- Service providers are adopting NFV (Network Function Virtualization) as it allows them to launch new services, while enabling them to compete effectively with OTT services, reduce costs and alleviate vendor dependency of traditional hardware-based systems
- NFV allows mix and match of different service applications (virtual network functions - VNFs) that are run and managed on an NFV platform
- HPE is a leading NFV platform and orchestration vendor that offers 3rd party vendors the ability to join its OpenNFV ecosystem program and certify their VNF applications on the HPE platform
Lod, Israel - February 17, 2016 - AudioCodes (NASDAQ: AUDC) Press Release
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, today announced that its Mediant Session Border Controller Virtual Edition (SBC VE) has been certified as a virtualized network function (VNF) in the HPE OpenNFV network function virtualization (NFV) reference architecture. HPE OpenNFV is aimed at providing agility, speed and time-to-market advantages for communications service providers (CSPs) launching new services.
As competition from over-the-top (OTT) providers grows, CSPs around the world are adopting NFV as it enables them to launch new revenue-generating services rapidly and more cost-effectively than using traditional hardware-based systems. HPE is a leading NFV platform and orchestration provider that offers 3rd party vendors the ability to join its OpenNFV ecosystem program and certify their VNF applications on the HPE platform. Having achieved HPE OpenNFV certification, AudioCodes virtualized Mediant SBC VE can be included in HPE’s NFV-based solutions for service provider customers who require access, peering and v-CPE enterprise SBCs for the hosted communications services they offer to their customers.
“AudioCodes’ virtualized Mediant SBC is an important addition to the HPE OpenNFV ecosystem,” commented Werner Schaefer, VP Sales & GTM, Communications Solutions Business, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “With NFV solutions gaining global traction among service providers, the Mediant SBC VNF enables them to deliver agile, reliable and secure hosted enterprise UC services.”
“We are delighted that our Mediant SBC VE has achieved certification from HPE and become an element of the HPE OpenNFV ecosystem,” stated Yehuda Herscovici, VP Product at AudioCodes. “Leveraging the field-proven technology underlying our existing SBC portfolio, the Mediant SBC VE provides all the necessary reliability, interoperability and security that hosted communications service providers need in a virtualized format, enabling smooth integration into NFV environments.” ;
Meet AudioCodes at the upcoming shows:
- Schedule a meeting with AudioCodes at Mobile World Congress 2016, Hall 2, Meeting Room #2B54M, February 22-25, 2016 - Barcelona, Spain
- Visit the AudioCodes’ “Unified Communications Innovation Unleashed” booth and demos at the Enterprise Connect show in Orlando, Florida, March 7-9, 2016 at booth #1529
- Schedule a meeting with AudioCodes at CeBIT in Hannover, Germany on March 14-18, 2016. Visit us at Hall #13, Booth C70 to learn more about our products and solutions