- implementing the procurement strategy per product family and priority.
- Negotiate agreements by analyzing supplier quotations and best terms.
- Managing quotes in the system, including forwarding the prices to sub-contractors. Ensure approval and price adjustment.
- Manages the procurement cycle, including locating new sources of supply, negotiating agreements, and managing the fulfillment of the agreements.
- Execution of operational elements, including PO Creation & management, pricing activities, delivery, expedite, etc.
- Conduct supplier performance evaluations with Eng. department, supplier assessments, and conduct ongoing risk mitigation.
- Working in Collaborating with R&D, Engineering, and Quality groups to qualify new manufacturers and identify operational excellence and cost reduction opportunities for new product development or existing ones, following technical requirements.
- Handling on-hold invoices in front of the finance department.
- QBR )Quality Business Review) Participation with sub-contractor - Data analysis once a quarter.
- Participate in supplier quality activities such as quality audits, ongoing suppliers, performance, and corrective action reviews.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in purchasing electronic components/ Mechanical.
- Technical understanding in Mechanical/Optical/Electronics segments- Must. Required to be master in 2 out of the 3.
- Experience in leading contract drafting, Excellent negotiation, presentation, verbal and written – Advantage.
- Knowledge of market conditions – prices, component availability, problematic delivery times, quality suppliers recommendation – Advantage.
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure, manage and prioritize tasks and needs of internal and external customers- Advantage.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written – Must
- Ability to interface with senior management.
- Ability to foster good relationships with vendors while promoting lower costs, superior performance, and continuous improvement- Advantage.
- Team player, excellent people skills, ability to work in a multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment, positive approach- Advantage.
- Fast learner and 'outside-of-the-box' thinker, abilities, assertiveness, proactivity, and detail-oriented.
- Comprehensive skills in MS Excel- Advantage.
- Experience in ERP (Oracle) – Advantage.
Knowledge And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field- Advantage.
- Technical purchasing and out-sourcing skills.